- 500 grams veal schnitzel (not coated with bread crumbs)
- 200 grams lean veal liver
- Olive oil
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 finely chopped anchovy filets
- Salt and pepper
- ½ vegetable broth tablet
- 3 teaspoons corn flour
- 3 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 bottle La Trappe Dubbel (7%)More about La Trappe Dubbel (7%)
- Cut 500 grams of veal schnitzel and 200 grams of lean veal liver in small strips.
- Heat a lump of butter and a dash of olive oil and fry the 2 chopped scallions until they are soft but not discoloured.
- Squeeze 2 cloves of garlic on top and add 6 finely chopped anchovy filets and let everything cook for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of the schnitzel and liver strips and add them to the scallion mix and let everything cook for another five minutes, while regularly stirring the mixture, until the meat is brown.
- Add a bottle of La Trappe Dubbel and crumble ½ a vegetable broth tablet on top and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Thicken the beer with 3 teaspoons of corn flour that have been mixed in 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche. Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons chopped parsley and salt and pepper. Serve with rice and cucumber.
Recipe from Jolanda Splinter