- 500 grams of turkey filet, organic quality
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower oilolie
- 8 to 10 tablespoons of La Trappe WitteTrappist
- 2 shallots
- 300 grams of pumpkin
- 1.5 dl of fowl or vegetable stock
- ground pepper and salt to taste
8 to 10 tablespoons La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)More about La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)
- Peel, seed and cut the pumpkin.
- Peel and cut the shallots.
- Dice the turkey filet, sprinkle with a little salt and leave it to rest for a while.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of oil, fresh lemon juice and the beer in a bowl.
- Marinate the turkey filet in this mixture for 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn over every now and then. Heat up two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Stir in the shallots and pumpkin and stir-fry briefly.
- Add the stock, put the heat source at the lowest setting and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pressed garlic halfway through.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper and puree with a mixer or fork.
- Pat the turkey dry with kitchen towel and put it on the skewer.
- Grill under the oven’s hot grill, on a grill pan or the barbeque, while turning, until light brown.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dish out the turkey skewers and pumpkin puree on preheated plates and serve with a chilled glass of La Trappe WitteTrappist.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo