- 250 grams of white asparagus
- 250 grams of green asparagus
- 200 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 200 grams of cooked ham, in strips
- 2 shallots
- 1 dl of La Trappe Witte Trappist
- 4 tablespoons of fowl or veal stock
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- sprigs of chives
- 100 grams of mixed lettuce, such as salad rocket, leaf beet (ready to eat)
- ground pepper and salt to taste
1 dl La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)More about La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)
- Cut the hard bottoms off the white asparagus, peel and steam in a basket over hot water until tender. Allow to cool down.
- Cut the hard bottoms off the green asparagus, steam in a basket until tender and allow to cool down.
- The green asparagus do not have to be peeled.
- Cut the hard bottoms off the chestnut mushrooms and slice them.
- Peel and finely slice the shallots.
- Heat up oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the mushrooms and shallots.
- Stir in the fowl or veal stock and beer and heat up well for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper and let it cool down.
- Arrange the mixed salad on plates and distribute the asparagus, chestnut mushrooms and a couple of tablespoons of the cooled-down juices over the salad.
- Garnish with strips of cooked ham.
- Serve with warm toast or ciabatta, accompanied by a slightly chilled glass of La Trappe Witte Trappist.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo