- 1 kg ribs
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 star anises
- 65 ml soy sauce
- 25 grams palm sugar
500 ml La Trappe Tripel (8%)More about La Trappe Tripel (8%)
- Put the ribs with soy sauce in a sealed dish and put it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the garlic for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the star anise and cinnamon stick and fry for another minute.
- Add the ribs and cook them until they are brown. Add the palm sugar and the Tripel (you can add some more soy sauce, if necessary).
- Stir well until the sugar has melted.
- Let it simmer for approximately 30 minutes on a low fire, then put the lid back on and let it simmer for another 2.5-3 hours. The meat should be so tender that it literally falls off the bone.
- Carefully remove the meat from the pot and reduce the liquid until it becomes a nice thick sauce. Return the meat to the pot and heat it again.
Recipe from G Boom