- 1 courgette
- 8 table spoons of canned tomato cubes
- 4 table spoons of the tomato liquid
- 2 garlic cloves crushed in the garlic press
- 3 table spoons of olive or sunflower oil
- 175 g. pasta, e.g. gnocchi, farfalle or tagliatelle
- fresh basil leaves
- 4 to 6 table spoons of Parmesan cheese
- salt and a grinding of pepper to taste
- La Trappe Witte Trappist as an accompanying ale
one glass La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)More about La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)
- Cook the paste with a pinch of salt ‘al dente’ (firm to the bite) and drain into a colander.
- Remove as much as possible of the courgette’s white core and cut out slices using an apple corer.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and briefly stir-fry the courgette slices.
- Add tomato cubes and garlic from the press and heat up, continuously stirring, until well hot.
- Keep stirring and pour in the tomato liquid, add pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the drained pasta, heat up briefly but thoroughly and distribute over preheated (deep) plates.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.
- Serve it with a glass of well-cooled La Trappe Witte Trappist.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo