- 4 kg washed mussels, remove broken ones.
- 1 fennel root
- 2 onions
- 2 lumps of butter
- Freshly grinded black pepper
- A big cooking pot
- French loaf with herb butter
1 bottle La Trappe Dubbel (7%)More about La Trappe Dubbel (7%)
- Cut the fennel in thin slices and peel the onions and cut them in thin rings.
- Add half a bottle of Trappist and the mussels, cook these with the lid on the pot.
- When the mussels have opened, shake them and add the rest of the Trappist.
- Season with pepper and add a lump of butter.
- Heat the mussels a little longer and serve them warm with French loaf and herb butter.
- Have a deliciously cooled glass of La Trappe Trappist with the mussels. Enjoy your meal.
Recipe from Will Wittens