- 400 grams of minced beef, organic quality,
- 75 grams of chorizo, one piece
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons of mild chilli powder
- 8 whole leaves of oxheart or green cabbage
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 2 dl of beef stock
- 8 tablespoons of La Trappe Bockbier
- ground pepper and salt to taste
8 tablespoons La Trappe Bockbier (7%)More about La Trappe Bockbier (7%)
- Peel and cut the shallots.
- Cut the chorizo in very small pieces.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan and fry the minced meat.
- Loosen up with a fork and stir in the shallot, tomato puree and stock.
- Put the heat source at the lowest setting and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the juice as much as possible ten minutes before the end of the simmer time, add the beer and let it simmer some more.
- Stir in the chorizo towards the end of the simmer time.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper and keep it hot.
- Cook the cabbage leaves until tender or steam them in a steam basket until tender.
- Distribute the hot meat and sauce over the cabbage leaves and roll them up.
- Serve as hot as possible and serve with a chilled glass of La Trappe Bockbier.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo