- 1 kilo of leg of hare meat
- 2 to 3 shallots
- 100 grams of chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon of caramel
- 1 tablespoon of apple spread
- 2 dl. of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of provincial herbs
- Salt-free game stock
- 1 bottle of La Trappe Isid’or
1 bottle La Trappe Isid'or (7,5%)More about La Trappe Isid'or (7,5%)
- Thoroughly fry the meat in a little butter.
- A lot of juice is released in the process, all of which must evaporate.
- Now add the bacon and shallots.
- Vervolgens de ontbijtspekblokjes en de sjalotten meebakken.
- Then add the caramel and apple spread and stir.
- Cool down with the red wine and sufficient amounts of stock, so that the meat is covered. Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add the Isid’or and let the meat simmer on a low heat.
- Add pepper and salt to taste just before serving and thicken if necessary.
- You can serve candied La Trappe Isid’or mushrooms as a delicious side dish.
Recipe from Kookstudio Herman Maessen, Reuver