- 8 hamburgers and 2 red onions
- 1 tablespoon of apple or pear spread
- 6 tablespoons of beef or poultry stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 10 cl. of La Trappe Bockbier
- Freshly grounded pepper and salt to taste
10 cl La Trappe Bockbier (7%)More about La Trappe Bockbier (7%)
- Peel the red onions and chop into uniform bits.
- Heat up two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and briefly stir-fry the onion.
- Add the beef or poultry stock and return the heat source to its lowest setting.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes. Now add the ale and apple spread and heat up well for 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the hamburgers and leave them for a while.
- Heat up a mixture of 2 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, and fry the hamburgers on both sides. Make sure they stay slightly pink on the inside.
- Dish up the hamburgers and sauce on preheated plates.
- Serve with potato au gratin or mashed potato and al dente French beans or al dente broccoli rosettes, along with a glass of La Trappe Bockbier.
- You can also serve this sauce with fried beefsteak, ostrich and deer steak and fried roast beef, fried or grilled lamb cops, spareribs from the barbeque or oven, or strips of briefly fried bacon.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo