- 200 grams of ham off the bone or other type of ham, sliced
- 150 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 small stem of blanched celery
- 2 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 8 tablespoons of La Trappe Witte Trappist
- Freshly grounded pepper and salt to taste
8 tablespoons La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)More about La Trappe Witte Trappist (5,5%)
- Remove the hard bottom of the chestnut mushrooms and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Remove the strings from the celery and cut the celery into very small pieces.
- Peel and chop the shallots. Heat up oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the mushrooms, celery and shallots.
- Add La Trappe Witte Trappist and continue to heat well for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Stuff the slices of ham with the hot mixture and roll up.
- Serve as a starter with a chilled glass of La Trappe Witte Trappist.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo Fotografie: M.Therese Bruggeman