- small courgette
- 150 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons of chopped blanched celery
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 6 to 8 tablespoons of La Trappe Dubbel, 30cl bottle
- French bread or ciabatta
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
6 to 8 tablespoons La Trappe Dubbel (7%)More about La Trappe Dubbel (7%)
- Cut the hard bottoms off the chestnut mushrooms and slice or chop them up. Peel and cut the shallot.
- Peel and cut the shallot.
- Slice the courgette (but not too finely), use 1 tablespoon of oil to cover both sides and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Heat up two tablespoons of oil in a wok or frying pan and stir in the mushrooms and chopped blanched celery.
- Now stir in the beer and heat up well for another 2 minutes.
- Bring to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill the courgette slices briefly, turning them over.
- Distribute the mixture of chestnut mushrooms and sauce over the grilled slices of courgette.
- Serve as a starter with French bread or ciabatta, accompanied by a slightly chilled glass of La Trappe Dubbel.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo