- 500 g. chicken fillet, preferably bio quality
- 2 table spoons of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves crushed in the garlic press
- 5 table spoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 tea spoons of Cajun seasoning
- 300 g. butternut pumpkin
- 1 dl. fowl or vegetable broth
- salt and a grinding of pepper to tastePeper uit de molen en zout naar smaak
One glass La Trappe PUUR (4,7%)More about La Trappe PUUR (4,7%)
- Dice the chicken fillet into regular cubes.
- Mix 3 table spoons of oil, fresh lime or lemon juice and garlic from the press in a bowl and marinate the chicken fillet cubes for 2 hours.
- Turn the cubes every now and then.
- Peel the butternut pumpkin and the shallots and cut into pieces.
- Heat two table spoons of oil in a frying pan and briefly stir-fry the shallots and pumpkin chunks.
- Add the broth and stew the mix on your lowest-output burner with the lid on the pan for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt to taste, let it cool down a bit and mash with a stick blender.
- Dab the chicken fillet cubes with kitchen paper and thread onto skewers.
- Roast under a hot oven grill, on a grill pan, or on the barbecue grill, until golden all around.
- Sprinkle the roasted cubes with the Cajun spices.
- Distribute skewers and pumpkin puree over preheated dishes, accompanied by a good glass of cooled La Trappe PUUR.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo