- 850 grams of washed endive spears, cut and hearts removed (keep 1 spear separate for decoration)
- 1 small potato cut into cubes
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 2 chicken broth tablets
- 7.5 dl water and 2 dl La Trappe blond
- Olive oil
- Grinded pepper and salt
- Cream and endive spear left aside for decoration
- To serve with: 2 slices French loaf per person, lean cooked ham and a pack of mozzarella balls.
2 dl La Trappe Blond (6,5%)More about La Trappe Blond (6,5%)
- Fry the onion and the garlic on a low fire and then add the potato and endive. Let it simmer until it's ready without letting it colour.
- Add the water and the broth tablets and let it simmer for 15 minutes on a low fire.
- Preheat the grill. Mash the soup, add the La Trappe blond and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bread with ham and cheese and place it under the grill until the cheese has melted. Season the soup with grinded pepper and salt.
- Place a spoon full of finely chopped raw endive in a preheated bowl, pour the soup around it and add a dash of cream in the middle.
- Serve with the grilled ham and cheese crostini.
Recipe from R Westdijk