- 500 grams of chicken breast, organic quality
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 4 dried figs
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice
- 6 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 1 dl. of poultry stock
- 1,5 dl La Trappe Isid’or
- Freshly grounded pepper and salt to taste
1,5 dl La Trappe Isid'or (7,5%)More about La Trappe Isid'or (7,5%)
- Chop the chicken breast into uniform pieces, put in a mixing bowl and marinate in a mixture of 4 tablespoons of oil, lemon or lime juice and pressed garlic.
- Leave for 2 to 3 hours.
- Turn over the pieces of chicken breast every now and then.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Cut the dried figs into very fine pieces and marinate in the La Trappe Isid’or in a mixing bowl for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until golden yellow.
- Add the marinated fig and the rest of the ale and stock, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes on the lowest setting.
- Puree with a blender and then strain.
- Add pepper and salt to taste and keep warm.
- Use extra beer and stock to taste.
- Skewer the chicken breast and grill on a grill pan, under the oven grille or on the barbeque until golden brown.
- Turn over every now and then. Dish up the chicken skewers and hot sauce on preheated plates.
- Serve with a mash of potato, leek and strips of dried tomato to taste.
- Serve with a glass of La Trappe Isid’or.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo Fotografie: M.Therese Bruggeman