- 500 grams of (organic) beef ribs, chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 small courgette
- 250 grams of butternut squash or other type or pumpkin
- 1 large potato
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 3 dl. of poultry stock
- 10 cl. of La Trappe Dubbel
- Freshly grounded pepper and salt to taste
10 cl La Trappe Dubbel (7%)More about La Trappe Dubbel (7%)
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and chop into pieces.
- Peel and chop the potato.
- Remove as much of the white bits of the courgette as possible, and cut into cubes or strips.
- Sprinkle a little salt on the chopped beef and leave for a while.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan and sear the beef.
- Add the onion and fry along for a bit.
- Return the heat source to its lowest setting and add garlic, tomato puree and stock.
- Simmer for more than 2 hours or a little longer.
- Boil the juices a bit ten minutes before the end of the simmering period, add the beer, pumpkin, potato and courgette and continue to simmer.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve as hot as possible.
- Serve with a chilled glass of La Trappe Dubbel.
Recipe from Han Hidalgo